Microsoft Fabric is now HIPAA compliant
We are excited to announce that Microsoft Fabric, our all-in-one analytics solution for enterprises, has achieved new certifications for HIPAA and ISO 27017, ISO 27018, ISO 27001, ISO 27701. These certifications demonstrate our commitment to providing the highest level of security and privacy for our customers’ data.
What are these certifications and why do they matter?
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is a U.S. legislation that regulates the use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI) by health organizations. HIPAA compliance ensures that our customers in the healthcare industry can use Microsoft Fabric to store, process, and analyze their patients’ data securely and legally.
ISO 27017 is an international standard that provides guidance on the information security aspects of cloud computing, based on ISO 27002. ISO 27017 certification verifies that we have implemented the appropriate controls and measures to protect our customers’ data in the cloud.
ISO 27018 is an international standard that establishes commonly accepted control objectives, controls, and guidelines for implementing measures to protect personally identifiable information (PII) in the cloud, in accordance with the privacy principles in ISO 29100. ISO 27018 certification confirms that we respect and protect our customers’ privacy rights when processing their personal data in the cloud.
ISO 27001 is an international standard for information security management that specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving an information security management system (ISMS). ISO 27001 certification validates that our ISMS conforms to the best practices and provides a systematic approach to managing information security risks.
ISO 27701 is an international standard that provides guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving a privacy information management system (PIMS), as an extension of an ISMS based on ISO 27001. ISO 27701 certification demonstrates that we have a comprehensive PIMS that addresses the legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements related to data protection.
How do these certifications benefit our customers?
By achieving these certifications, we are able to offer our customers the following benefits:
- Enhanced security and privacy: Our customers can trust that their data is protected by the most rigorous and up-to-date security and privacy standards in the industry.
- Reduced risk and liability: Our customers can reduce their exposure to potential data breaches, fines, lawsuits, and reputational damage by relying on our certified ISMS and PIMS.
- Increased compliance and competitiveness: Our customers can meet the regulatory and contractual obligations of their respective industries and markets, and gain a competitive edge over their peers who may not have the same level of security and privacy assurance.
How can you get started with Microsoft Fabric?
If you are interested in learning more about Microsoft Fabric and how it can help you improve how your entire team uses data, you can:
- Visit our website to explore the features and benefits of Microsoft Fabric
- Read our blog to discover the latest news and updates on Microsoft Fabric
- Contact our sales team to request a demo or a quote
- Sign up for a free trial to experience Microsoft Fabric for yourself
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you achieve your data analytics goals with Microsoft Fabric!